The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) is comprised of professional volunteers who are dedicated to community involvement and helping to make their city a better and safer place to live. It is the mission of the PCPAAA to assist and support the Pearland Police Department exclusively in developing and maintaining a positive relationship between the department and Pearland citizens. We also have a lot of fun!
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association is to enhance the individual and collective safety and general welfare of all people of the City of Pearland by assisting the Pearland Police Department in deterring crime in the City.
- The Pear Run planning is underway! Visit PearRun.com for more information!
- The Pearland Police Officer’s Association is offering 2 $500 scholarships for Police and CPA members (or their kids). Read the qualifications and get an application HERE.
Congratulations to new Sergeants Jason Myers and Corey Gray!
Congratulations to Det. Chad Rogers! He was named Brazoria County 100 Club’s runner-up for Officer of the Year!
In order to join the Pearland CPA Alumni Association, an individual must:
- Live or work in the Pearland area
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 years if attending with an immediate family member 18 or older)
- Submit to a background check (to ensure the integrity of the program)
- Attend & graduate from the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class
Pearland CPA Class Application:
The Pearland CPA is a free community oriented policing program designed for the citizens of Pearland. The CPA is open to all residents that live or work in the Pearland area. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, except an applicant who is 17 may attend with an adult family member. All applicants must pass a background investigation and complete an application.
NOTE: The Citizen’s Police Academy WILL NOT certify attendees as law enforcement officers.
The start date of our 43rd CPA Class is TBA. Classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm for 10 weeks. If you have questions, contact Officer Oscar Pena at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online below:
PCPAAA Education Award:
The PCPAAA is proud to sponsor education scholarships of up to $500 per semester for qualified applicants. For further information on the PCPAAA Education Award, please download the application (.pdf).