The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) is comprised of professional volunteers who are dedicated to community involvement and helping to make their city a better and safer place to live. It is the mission of the PCPAAA to assist and support the Pearland Police Department in developing and maintaining a positive relationship between the department and Pearland citizens. We also have a lot of fun!
Our Latest Endeavors:
- The 2014 Pear Run effort is in full swing! A few Committee members and Officers attended a taping of Great Day Houston on 4/1/14! We also had a blast at the Pearland Crawfish Festival April 4 – 6! We’re still looking for Sponsors and Runners for the Run, which will be on May 10. Visit www.PearRun.com for details!
- The Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association is having their annual convention July 27 – 29, 2014 in San Marcos, TX. To learn more or register, visit http://tcpaaconvention.org/index.html.
- Please see the right sidebar to link your Amazon.com or Kroger accounts to benefit the PCPAAA! Our Kroger Organization number is 80173.
- CPA Class 38 is graduating on April 24! If you’d like to register for Fall’s Class 39 (begins August 7, 2014), call or email Officer Daniel Hamminga (281-997-4171). For pictures of Class 38, click here.
- The PCPAAA Merchandise Catalog is here! To order one or to inquire about our merchandise, contact us!
- May 11 – 17 is National Police Week! We are looking forward to honoring our LEOs!
In order to join the Pearland CPA Alumni Association, an individual must:
- Live or work in the Pearland area
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 years if attending with an immediate family member 18 or older)
- Submit to a background check (to ensure the integrity of the program)
- Attend & graduate from the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class
Pearland CPA Class Application:
The Pearland CPA is a free community oriented policing program designed for the citizens of Pearland. The CPA is open to all residents that live or work in the Pearland area. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, except an applicant who is 17 may attend with an adult family member. All applicants must pass a background investigation and complete an application.
NOTE: The Citizen’s Police Academy WILL NOT certify attendees as law enforcement officers.
The next CPA Class will begin on August 7, 2014. If you have questions, contact Officer Daniel Hamminga at 281-997-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCPAAA Education Award:
The PCPAAA is proud to sponsor education scholarships of up to $500 per semester for qualified applicants. For further information on the PCPAAA Education Award, please download the application (.pdf).
The Rap Sheet Newsletter:
The Rap Sheet got a makeover in March! Officers Hamminga and Paquette have done a great job bringing our newsletter into the 21st century!
To read past Rap Sheets, visit the archive.
|January, 2014||More to Come!|
PCPAAA sponsored programs:
- Handicap Patrol and Enforcement
- Field Operations
- Traffic Enforcement Assistance
- City Code Assistance