The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) is comprised of professional volunteers who are dedicated to community involvement and helping to make their city a better and safer place to live. It is the mission of the PCPAAA to assist and support the Pearland Police Department exclusively in developing and maintaining a positive relationship between the department and Pearland citizens. We also have a lot of fun!
Our Latest Endeavors:
- We’re celebrating 20 years this year and were proud to start Class 40 on February 5! Check back for special anniversary announcements soon!
- Our General Membership is happy to announce two recent requests we were able to grant: we are helping the Honor Guard attend Police Week events in both Austin and Washington, D.C. in May; and we’re helping our Accident Investigators get back up-to-date with the most advanced equipment in the county!
- We were also able to grant a request from the Bike Patrol Unit for 8 new bicycles…and they are LOADED! We look forward to seeing our Bike Patrol officers enjoying their new rides!
- We’re gearing up already for the Pear Run! The 10k/5k/1k event will take place on Saturday, May 9 2015 at the Pearland Town Center. We’d like to thank our first Platinum Sponsor and Packet-Pick-Up Partner Wild Pear Running! For more information, visit PearRun.com.
In order to join the Pearland CPA Alumni Association, an individual must:
- Live or work in the Pearland area
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 years if attending with an immediate family member 18 or older)
- Submit to a background check (to ensure the integrity of the program)
- Attend & graduate from the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class
Pearland CPA Class Application:
The Pearland CPA is a free community oriented policing program designed for the citizens of Pearland. The CPA is open to all residents that live or work in the Pearland area. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, except an applicant who is 17 may attend with an adult family member. All applicants must pass a background investigation and complete an application.
NOTE: The Citizen’s Police Academy WILL NOT certify attendees as law enforcement officers.
Our 40th CPA Class will begin February 5, 2015. If you have questions, contact Officer Daniel Hamminga at 281-997-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCPAAA Education Award:
The PCPAAA is proud to sponsor education scholarships of up to $500 per semester for qualified applicants. For further information on the PCPAAA Education Award, please download the application (.pdf).
State Citizen/Police News:
- Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association (TCPAAA): Registration for the 2015 Convention in El Paso is NOW OPEN! Register here!