The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) is comprised of professional volunteers who are dedicated to community involvement and helping to make their city a better and safer place to live. It is the mission of the PCPAAA to assist and support the Pearland Police Department in developing and maintaining a positive relationship between the department and Pearland citizens. We also have a lot of fun!
Our Latest Endeavors:
- Our 2nd Annual Gun Raffle is underway! Contact any Board Member for tickets or come out and see us at Bass Pro Shops on September 14 and 28, October 11 and 26, November 8 and 16, and December 7 and 20. The drawing will be held on December 20 at 3pm at Bass Pro! Download a copy of the flyer HERE! Our raffle benefits the Pearland Police Department!
In order to join the Pearland CPA Alumni Association, an individual must:
- Live or work in the Pearland area
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 years if attending with an immediate family member 18 or older)
- Submit to a background check (to ensure the integrity of the program)
- Attend & graduate from the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class
Pearland CPA Class Application:
The Pearland CPA is a free community oriented policing program designed for the citizens of Pearland. The CPA is open to all residents that live or work in the Pearland area. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, except an applicant who is 17 may attend with an adult family member. All applicants must pass a background investigation and complete an application.
NOTE: The Citizen’s Police Academy WILL NOT certify attendees as law enforcement officers.
The next CPA Class will begin February 5, 2015. If you have questions, contact Officer Daniel Hamminga at 281-997-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCPAAA Education Award:
The PCPAAA is proud to sponsor education scholarships of up to $500 per semester for qualified applicants. For further information on the PCPAAA Education Award, please download the application (.pdf).
The Rap Sheet Newsletter:
The Rap Sheet got a makeover in March! Officers Hamminga and Paquette have done a great job bringing our newsletter into the 21st century!
To read past Rap Sheets, visit the archive.
|January, 2014||July, 2014|
|February, 2014||August, 2014|
|March, 2014||September, 2014|
PCPAAA Sponsored Programs:
Pearland Citizens on Patrol
Participants must complete and graduate from a 12-week CPA Class and apply through the Board of Directors for these advanced training opportunities:
- Handicap Patrol and Enforcement
- Field Operations
- Traffic Enforcement Assistance
- Patrol Unit Assistance
- Neighborhood Patrol
State Citizen/Police News:
- Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association (TCPAAA)
- Texas Citizens on Patrol Association (TCOPA)