The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) is comprised of professional volunteers who are dedicated to community involvement and helping to make their city a better and safer place to live. It is the mission of the PCPAAA to assist and support the Pearland Police Department in developing and maintaining a positive relationship between the department and Pearland citizens. We also have a lot of fun!
Our Latest Endeavors:
- It’s time to renew your membership for 2014! Download the PCPAAA Membership and Renewal Form today!
- We’re now part of VIPS (Volunteers in Police Service)!
- The 2014 Board of Directors was sworn in on January 20 by Chief Doyle. Jennifer Wozniak and Dave Miller were awarded the Linda Pace Award for their outstanding volunteerism! Congratulations Jennifer and Dave!
- The Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association is having their annual convention July 27 – 29, 2014 in San Marcos, TX. To learn more or register, visit http://tcpaaconvention.org/index.html.
- The 2014 Pear Run effort is in full swing! To volunteer for ANYTHING, contact Pam McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to visit the website!
- CPA Class 38 is off to a great start! This class is FULL, so if you’d like to be on the waiting list for Fall’s Class 39 (begins August 7, 2014), call or email Officer Daniel Hamminga (281-997-4171).
In order to join the Pearland CPA Alumni Association, an individual must:
- Live or work in the Pearland area
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 years if attending with an immediate family member 18 or older)
- Submit to a background check (to ensure the integrity of the program)
- Attend & graduate from the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class
Pearland CPA Class Application:
The Pearland CPA is a free community oriented policing program designed for the citizens of Pearland. The CPA is open to all residents that live or work in the Pearland area. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, except an applicant who is 17 may attend with an adult family member. All applicants must pass a background investigation and complete an application.
NOTE: The Citizen’s Police Academy WILL NOT certify attendees as law enforcement officers.
The next CPA Class began on February 6, 2014 and is currently full. If you’d like to be placed on the waiting list for Fall’s Class 39, which begins on August 7, 2014, contact Officer Daniel Hamminga at 281-997-4171 or email@example.com.
PCPAAA Education Award:
The PCPAAA is proud to sponsor education scholarships of up to $500 per semester for qualified applicants. For further information on the PCPAAA Education Award, please download the application (.pdf).
The Rap Sheet Newsletter:
To read past Rap Sheets, visit the archive.
|January, 2014||More to Come!|
PCPAAA sponsored programs:
- Handicap Patrol and Enforcement
- Field Operations
- Traffic Enforcement Assistance
- City Code Assistance