The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) is comprised of professional volunteers who are dedicated to community involvement and helping to make their city a better and safer place to live. It is the mission of the PCPAAA to assist and support the Pearland Police Department in developing and maintaining a positive relationship between the department and Pearland citizens. We also have a lot of fun!
Our Latest Endeavors:
- Volunteers helped out with SWAT training on July 16:
- Thank you to Officer Burke from Pearland Animal Control for presenting to our General Meeting on June 21! It was very informative!
- The Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association is having their annual convention July 27 – 29, 2014 in San Marcos, TX. To learn more or register, visit http://tcpaaconvention.org/index.html.
- CPA Class 39 begins August 7, 2014! To register, call or email Officer Daniel Hamminga (281-997-4171) or apply online!
- The PCPAAA Merchandise Catalog is here! To order one or to inquire about our merchandise, contact Jennifer Wozniak! We’ll have online ordering soon!
- The Texas Citizens on Patrol Association is having a conference in late August. Check out this organization, as it is emerging as a CoP leader in Texas!
In order to join the Pearland CPA Alumni Association, an individual must:
- Live or work in the Pearland area
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 years if attending with an immediate family member 18 or older)
- Submit to a background check (to ensure the integrity of the program)
- Attend & graduate from the Pearland Citizens Police Academy class
Pearland CPA Class Application:
The Pearland CPA is a free community oriented policing program designed for the citizens of Pearland. The CPA is open to all residents that live or work in the Pearland area. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, except an applicant who is 17 may attend with an adult family member. All applicants must pass a background investigation and complete an application.
NOTE: The Citizen’s Police Academy WILL NOT certify attendees as law enforcement officers.
The next CPA Class will begin on August 7, 2014. If you have questions, contact Officer Daniel Hamminga at 281-997-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCPAAA Education Award:
The PCPAAA is proud to sponsor education scholarships of up to $500 per semester for qualified applicants. For further information on the PCPAAA Education Award, please download the application (.pdf).
The Rap Sheet Newsletter:
The Rap Sheet got a makeover in March! Officers Hamminga and Paquette have done a great job bringing our newsletter into the 21st century!
To read past Rap Sheets, visit the archive.
|January, 2014||July, 2014|
PCPAAA sponsored programs:
- Handicap Patrol and Enforcement
- Field Operations
- Traffic Enforcement Assistance
- City Code Assistance